Maven for Research and Development Professionals
Ingenuity on Demand
Get the Knowledge You Need
You’ve assembled a great group of brilliant minds – but do they know EVERYTHING? Of course not. While you are surrounded by talent, it’s impossible to have all of the knowledge and expertise you need to move your products and technology forward readily at hand when you need it. Or is it? Maven helps research and development professionals to augment their expertise and discover novel solutions to their daily challenges. We have the world’s largest pool of on-demand technical and business expertise ready to help you innovate.
Discover New Solutions
Big challenge? Chances are, somebody out there has solved it before – and chances are, they are willing to share their experiences with you. Use Maven to discover solutions to problems that have already been solved elsewhere, speeding your path to market and thrilling your customers. Even if the solution hasn’t been discovered yet, a new set of eyes and ideas can help you find the answer. Sometimes all it takes is a fresh perspective from a qualified expert to accelerate development.
Your education and experience define you, but while your experience keeps growing it’s hard to find time to continue your education. Maven’s university connections run deep – we have relationships with tens of thousands of professors and researchers in academia who can teach you what they know and help you fill in the gaps in your knowledge.
Research and development professionals are currently using Maven to…
- Understand how other industries such as Healthcare, Automotive, Aerospace, and Manufacturing are creating advanced textiles with improved performance characteristics
- Develop a new technology to monitor hydrogen sulfide leakage in natural gas pipelines
- Decide where to build a new R&D facility in Asia
- Hire a powder processing expert to help bring a new production line up to spec
- Learn how to measure the pungency of mustard seed
- Assess the causes, symptoms, and impacts of human stress
- Find partners in the US and China with capacity to perform laser capture microdissection
- Apply a new method of high downforce tribology developed in the automotive brake industry to PET bottle closures
- Landscape the use of next generation genome sequencing systems in Europe
- Discover new techniques for flavor encapsulation that could be used to improve customer satisfaction with nicotine gum
I can’t believe we had light therapy experts within our own organization – who knew?! I wish we hadn’t wasted so much time trolling through the internet before we tried Maven.
End user testing is very challenging. Finding the right set of testers is difficult, and even when you do find them it is tough to remain objective about their feedback when you know them personally. Maven solved both of these problems.
It’s not always easy to get people to open up about this type of product, but Maven was able to get us to the right people who shared candid experience and insights.
We had no idea where to begin, but our Maven contact took charge and knew exactly how to get us the insights we needed. We couldn’t believe it when she told us that what we were looking for was sitting right down the hall from us! The insights we gained gave us confidence to move forward with our new line of products.
We felt like there was opportunity in the disposable medical sensor market, but we didn’t know how to reach the people who could help us to pinpoint that opportunity. Maven not only delivered what we needed quickly, but they delivered expertise from within our own company that we didn’t know was available.
R&D Case Studies – See how other research and development professionals are using Maven!
- Case Study: We’ve Got The Power (Cyber Security Strategists) Ellen Free 2017-09-05T01:48:50+00:00
- Case Study: Breath of Fresh Air (Market Entry Analysis) Josie Keenan 2017-09-05T01:48:52+00:00
- Case Study: Noise Pollution (Acoustic Engineers) Ellen Free 2017-09-05T01:48:53+00:00
- Case Study: Cream of the Crop (Precision Agriculture Tools) Ellen Free 2017-09-05T01:48:53+00:00
- Case Study: Unstuck (Hydrophobic Coating Applications) Ellen Free 2017-09-05T01:48:55+00:00
- Case Study: Shaking Things Up (Blender Technology) Ellen Free 2017-09-05T01:48:56+00:00
- Case Study: Snap, Crackle, Pop! (Drone Delivery) Ellen Free 2017-09-05T01:48:56+00:00
- Case Study: Shocking the Market (Telecommunications Technology Experts) Ellen Free 2017-09-05T01:48:56+00:00
- Case Study: We DO Need Some Education (Corporate Learning Officers) Ellen Free 2017-09-05T01:48:56+00:00
- Case Study: New Kids on the Block (HVAC Market Expertise) Ellen Free 2017-09-05T01:48:56+00:00
- Case Study: Clean Bill of Health (Hospital Sterilization Consultants) Ellen Free 2017-09-05T01:48:57+00:00
- Case Study: Finding the Sweet Spot (Confectionery Market Strategy) Ellen Free 2017-09-05T01:48:57+00:00
- Case Study: The Regulators (Asia Regulatory Expert) Ellen Free 2017-09-05T01:48:58+00:00
- Case Study: Breaking the Ice (Frozen Foods Experts) Ellen Free 2017-09-05T01:48:58+00:00
- Case Study: Shine A Light (Light Therapy Experts) Ellen Free 2017-09-05T01:48:59+00:00
- Case Study: Making It Work (Supply Chain Consultant) Ellen Free 2017-09-05T01:48:59+00:00
- Case Study: Industry Pulse (Disposable Medical Sensor) Ellen Free 2017-09-05T01:49:00+00:00Case Study: Industry Pulse (Disposable Medical Sensor)Electronic Survey, Engineering, Healthcare/Biomedical, Human Resources, Knowledge Community, Large Company, Product Management, Production, Quality Assurance, Research & Analysis, Strategy/Planning, Technology
- Case Study: Crunch Time (Hybrid Snack Foods) Ellen Free 2017-09-05T01:49:00+00:00
- Case Study: Ain’t That a KYC in the Head? (Know Your Customer) Wyatt Nordstrom 2017-09-05T01:49:00+00:00
- Case Study: Why Are You Wearing That? (Wearable Technology) Wyatt Nordstrom 2017-09-05T01:49:01+00:00Case Study: Why Are You Wearing That? (Wearable Technology)Consumer Products & Services, Extended Consulting, Medium-Sized Company, Microconsulting, Product Management, Research & Analysis, Strategy/Planning, Technology, Telephone Consultation
- Case Study: The Magic Potion (Beverage Formulation) Wyatt Nordstrom 2017-09-05T01:49:01+00:00Case Study: The Magic Potion (Beverage Formulation)Consumer Products & Services, Extended Consulting, Human Resources, Large Company, Manufacturing, Microconsulting, Product Management, Production, Quality Assurance, Research & Analysis, Telephone Consultation
- Case Study: Don’t Stress (Stress Management Research) Wyatt Nordstrom 2017-09-05T01:49:01+00:00
- Case Study: Good Things Come in Small Packages (Strategic Hire) Mark Platosh 2017-09-05T01:49:01+00:00Case Study: Good Things Come in Small Packages (Strategic Hire)Consumer Products & Services, Employee Placement, Extended Consulting, Human Resources, In-Person Engagement, Medium-Sized Company, Product Management, Telephone Consultation
- Case Study: Silver Linings – Information Technology Mark Platosh 2017-09-05T01:49:01+00:00
- Case Study: The Diving Catch (Mobile Payments) Mark Platosh 2017-09-05T01:49:01+00:00
- Case Study: This Stuff Tastes Like… Mark Platosh 2017-09-05T01:49:05+00:00
- Case Study: Sniffing For Clues (Natural Gas Consultant) Mark Platosh 2017-09-05T01:49:04+00:00Case Study: Sniffing For Clues (Natural Gas Consultant)Electronic Survey, Energy, Engineering, Extended Consulting, Human Resources, In-Person Engagement, Industrial Products & Services, Large Company, Product Management, Telephone Consultation
- Case Study: The Glass Curtain Mark Platosh 2017-09-05T01:49:04+00:00
- Case Study: Convergence – Portable Medical Devices Mark Platosh 2017-09-05T01:49:05+00:00
- Case Study: Seeing Is Believing – Wound Care Site Visits Mark Platosh 2017-09-05T01:49:05+00:00
- Case Study: Gastroenterologists and GI Disorders Mark Platosh 2017-09-05T01:49:05+00:00