Maven for Consumer Goods Companies
Consumer Product and Market Expertise on Demand
New Product Innovation
The modern consumer faces a tyranny of choice. There are more options available to them than ever before, so how do your products stand out? The only solution is to constantly innovate to bring new and exciting offerings to market. From food and beverage, to packaged goods, to fashion and apparel, Maven connects consumer goods companies of all sizes with experts in the latest technologies and industry innovations. We have the world’s largest pool of on-demand technical expertise ready to help you innovate and make your products stand out.
From the BRICs to the Next Eleven to the CIVETS and beyond, consumers in the world’s fastest-growing markets yearn for your products. But how do you get to them without on-the-ground expertise? No problem. Maven’s global reach makes it easy to find and engage with regional experts in manufacturing, supply chain, government regulation, distribution, and marketing to build your emerging markets presence.
Some consumer groups are difficult to reach via traditional methods or unreliable as focus group subjects. How do you test the market for your products with these difficult demographics? Simple – use Maven to engage with professionals who interact daily with them and who understand their unique needs and preferences.
Do you know what your colleagues know? We do. With Maven you can quickly connect with the hidden expertise within your reach via our custom Knowledge Communities. Build a community of colleagues, alumni, associates, and other connections across the globe to provide your organization with a single source for your knowledge management and collaboration needs.
Your education and experience define you, but while your experience keeps growing it’s hard to find time to continue your education. Maven’s university connections run deep – we have relationships with tens of thousands of professors and researchers in academia who can teach you what they know and help you fill in the gaps in your knowledge.
Consumer goods companies are currently using Maven to…
- Understand category adjacencies to develop new and disruptive products
- Research food synergies to develop innovative, healthy, and creative food products through the combination of uniquely beneficial ingredients
- Find out where to build a new R&D facility in Asia
- Connect with middle-class people in West Africa to understand their snacking habits
- Retain a power processing expert to help qualify and ramp a new manufacturing line
- Test concepts for five new products for the elder care market
- Learn how to measure the “heat” or pungency of food ingredients
- Understand the causes, symptoms, and impacts of stress on people
- Evaluate new high performance materials to regain market share in the athletic footwear market
- Apply a high downforce tribology solution developed in the automotive braking industry to PET bottle closures
- Develop an IP strategy prior to entering the handheld consumer electronics market
Finding out about our co-worker’s past experience with Indonesian manufacturing was invaluable; it allowed us to skip several time consuming steps and quickly get to the right contacts. We were able to move forward through the red tape much more efficiently thanks to the insights and recommendations we received.
I can’t believe we had light therapy experts within our own organization – who knew?! I wish we hadn’t wasted so much time trolling through the internet before we tried Maven.
We got the jump on our competition through Maven identifying an ideal material from an industry we would never have considered.
It’s not always easy to get people to open up about this type of product, but Maven was able to get us to the right people who shared candid experience and insights.
We are well connected within our industry but not outside. Maven was able to seamlessly provide access to experts in other industries that opened our eyes to possible game changers.
Consumer Goods Case Studies – See how other consumer goods companies are using Maven!
- Case Study: Galactic Farming (Aerospace Professionals) Josie Keenan 2017-09-05T01:48:51+00:00
- Case Study: When I Dip, You Dip, We Dip (Snack Food Experts) Josie Keenan 2017-09-05T01:48:51+00:00
- Case Study: Goliath, Meet David (Start-Up Innovators) Ellen Free 2017-09-08T12:18:13+00:00
- Case Study: We Didn’t Start The Fire (Combustion Chemists) Josie Keenan 2017-09-05T01:48:51+00:00
- Case Study: Out of the Box (Grocery Product Innovations) Josie Keenan 2017-09-05T01:48:52+00:00
- Case Study: Breath of Fresh Air (Market Entry Analysis) Josie Keenan 2017-09-05T01:48:52+00:00
- Case Study: A Tough Pill to Swallow (Emerging Markets) Ellen Free 2017-09-05T01:48:53+00:00
- Case Study: Noise Pollution (Acoustic Engineers) Ellen Free 2017-09-05T01:48:53+00:00
- Case Study: Turning Over a New Leaf (Plastic Packaging Consultant) Ellen Free 2017-09-11T06:59:59+00:00","focal_length":"37","iso":"100","shutter_speed":"1.3","title":"","orientation":"0"}" data-image-title="" data-image-description="" data-medium-file="https://i1.wp.com/www.maven.co/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/iStock_000035845724_Medium-e1454956411305.jpg?fit=300%2C200&ssl=1" data-large-file="https://i1.wp.com/www.maven.co/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/iStock_000035845724_Medium-e1454956411305.jpg?fit=940%2C627&ssl=1" />
- Case Study: Shaking Things Up (Blender Technology) Ellen Free 2017-09-05T01:48:56+00:00
- Case Study: Snap, Crackle, Pop! (Drone Delivery) Ellen Free 2017-09-05T01:48:56+00:00
- Case Study: Finding the Sweet Spot (Confectionery Market Strategy) Ellen Free 2017-09-05T01:48:57+00:00
- Case Study: Breaking the Ice (Frozen Foods Experts) Ellen Free 2017-09-05T01:48:58+00:00
- Case Study: Taking the Measure of Things (Metrology Expert) Ellen Free 2017-09-05T01:48:58+00:00
- Case Study: Shine A Light (Light Therapy Experts) Ellen Free 2017-09-05T01:48:59+00:00
- Case Study: Take Me to the Barber Shop (Prototype Design Experts) Ellen Free 2017-09-05T01:48:59+00:00
- Case Study: Greener Pastures (Indonesian Manufacturing Consultant) Ellen Free 2017-09-05T01:48:59+00:00Case Study: Greener Pastures (Indonesian Manufacturing Consultant)Consumer Products & Services, Extended Consulting, Human Resources, In-Person Engagement, Knowledge Community, Large Company, Legal/Government/Regulatory, Manufacturing, Microconsulting, Production, Strategy/Planning, Telephone Consultation
- Case Study: Bounding Over The Competition (Performance Materials Expert) Ellen Free 2017-09-05T01:48:59+00:00
- Case Study: Show Me the IP (Consumer Electronics IP Strategy) Ellen Free 2017-09-05T01:48:59+00:00
- Case Study: It’s Getting Hot in Here (Alternative Materials) Ellen Free 2017-09-05T01:49:00+00:00
- Case Study: Crunch Time (Hybrid Snack Foods) Ellen Free 2017-09-05T01:49:00+00:00
- Case Study: Why Are You Wearing That? (Wearable Technology) Wyatt Nordstrom 2017-09-05T01:49:01+00:00Case Study: Why Are You Wearing That? (Wearable Technology)Consumer Products & Services, Extended Consulting, Medium-Sized Company, Microconsulting, Product Management, Research & Analysis, Strategy/Planning, Technology, Telephone Consultation
- Case Study: The Magic Potion (Beverage Formulation) Wyatt Nordstrom 2017-09-05T01:49:01+00:00Case Study: The Magic Potion (Beverage Formulation)Consumer Products & Services, Extended Consulting, Human Resources, Large Company, Manufacturing, Microconsulting, Product Management, Production, Quality Assurance, Research & Analysis, Telephone Consultation
- Case Study: Don’t Stress (Stress Management Research) Wyatt Nordstrom 2017-09-05T01:49:01+00:00
- Case Study: Good Things Come in Small Packages (Strategic Hire) Mark Platosh 2017-09-05T01:49:01+00:00Case Study: Good Things Come in Small Packages (Strategic Hire)Consumer Products & Services, Employee Placement, Extended Consulting, Human Resources, In-Person Engagement, Medium-Sized Company, Product Management, Telephone Consultation
- Case Study: The Electric Vehicle Battery Challenge Mark Platosh 2017-09-05T01:49:01+00:00
- Case Study: This Stuff Tastes Like… Mark Platosh 2017-09-05T01:49:05+00:00
- Case Study: Regulatory Changes for Weight Loss Drugs Mark Platosh 2017-09-05T01:49:04+00:00Case Study: Regulatory Changes for Weight Loss DrugsConsumer Products & Services, Extended Consulting, Healthcare/Biomedical, Human Resources, In-Person Engagement, Large Company, Legal, Legal/Government/Regulatory, Marketing, Research, Telephone Consultation
- Case Study: A New Regime – Process Optimization Mark Platosh 2017-09-05T01:49:05+00:00Case Study: A New Regime – Process OptimizationBusiness Products & Services, Consumer Products & Services, Engineering, Extended Consulting, In-Person Engagement, Industrial Products & Services, Manufacturing, Medium-Sized Company, Production, Research & Analysis, Telephone Consultation
- Case Study: Tribol(ogy) Knowledge Mark Platosh 2017-09-05T01:49:05+00:00