Maven is pleased to announce the rollout of Maven 2.0, our next-generation microconsulting platform. We’ve given Maven a complete overhaul and we think you’ll like what you see.
A Brand New Maven
- New Profile Design – Your new Maven profile has an open design and improved layout, making it easier to read and update. The same content is there (plus a few new items!), but the whole design is more open and less “boxy,” making it simpler to find the information you seek and to make changes to your profile.
- Unfied Interface – Are you both a Member and a Client? We’ve consolidated your two separate profiles into a single “unified” profile containing all relevant information for both your Client and Member activities. (Not a Client yet? Simply
- Stats, Stats, and More Stats – We’ve enhanced the Stats section of your profile to give you a lot more information about your participation, as well as visibility into how frequently your profile is being viewed by Maven Clients.
- Enhanced Privacy, Security, and Conflict Management Controls – Did you know that you have complete control over who sees your profile, and what information is visible to them? You also have complete control over how you participate in Maven, how much email you receive from our system, and the types of Clients with whom you may interact. We take your protect yourself from unwanted conflicts.
- Simplified Navigation – Gone are the old “Maven Member” and “Maven Client” zones. All information related to both roles has been consolidated into a single interface, eliminating the need to “flip back and forth” between the two sides of the site in order to perform Member- or Client-specific actions.
We have a bunch of great new features in store for the Maven site. Here’s a preview:
- Open Opportunities – Want to see more info on current consulting opportunities? We’re working on a bulletin board that will allow you to see open Client inquiries and apply for consideration. This will include opportunities to participate in microconsulting interactions like Consultations and Surveys, as well as Extended Consulting projects and targeted Job Opportunities.
- New Ways to Connect and Share – Want moreconnections and consulting opportunities? We’re adding a new set of connection tools that will allow you to publicize your participation in Maven (but only if you want to, of course!) and make it easier to connect with others.
- Greater Transparency and More Content – Many of you have asked for additional feedback on Client activity, including visibility into the types of Mavens our Clients are choosing for Consultations. We’re working hard to create new ways to share real-time information with you so you can better position yourself to be selected for paid interactions.
Using Maven to Make Better Decisions
If you follow Maven on our blog, Twitter, or on our Facebook or LinkedIn groups, you know that professionals from all walks of life are using Maven to make better business decisions. In fact, with the burgeoning Open Innovation movement, corporations have emerged as the fastest-growing set of Maven Clients. To search Maven for professionals who could help you, simply add the Maven Client module to your profile by logging in and clicking on the “Become a Client” link at the upper-right corner of the screen. It is free to add the Client module and search our network.
As always, your questions and feedback are welcome!