Earlier this year we introduced you to Maven 2.0, featuring a suite of upgrades to our platform designed to make it easier for you to navigate the Maven system, search the network, and interact with each other. Yesterday took another big step forward with the release of our new Unified Dashboard. Out are the separate “Client” and “Member” Dashboards; in is a single, standardized, action-oriented system common to all types of Maven users.
Your Dashboard is the place to see EVERYTHING related to your participation in Maven, including:
- Invitations to consult
- Requests to connect with other Mavens
- Earnings notifications
- Mavens available to consult with you
We encourage you to login and check it out. Here are a few items to look for:
Notifications and Actions
Each line in the “Inbox” section of your Dashboard represents a separate item warranting your attention. Some are simply notifications of important events; others require action on your behalf. We’ve clearly marked the difference between the two, and like your Twitter or Facebook feeds, the data shown is continuously updated.
More (a LOT more…) Content
Every item on your dashboard is “expandable” to show additional details. Want to see the description of that Consultation you were invited to? Click to expand the row (see an example below). Wondering how that colleague you invited to Maven wrote their Knowledge Summary? Click to expand the row. Curious how that Maven you invited to consult answered your questions? You get the picture…
Sorting and Filtering
Having all of these notifications in one place is great, but what about when you just want to see items related to your invitations to consult? Or your current inquiries? Or the status of your Maven networking efforts? We’ve added a simple tab-based filtering system that allows you to quickly zone in on categories of items, much like the old dedicated Member and Client Dashboards. Tabs include:
- Inbox – This tab allows you to see all recent activity, such as consultation invites, completed consultations, connection requests, and referral commissions earned. You can keep your inbox clean by clicking “dismiss” next to the items you have reviewed.
- Offers – This tab contains all active invitations to consult you have received from our Clients.
- Searches – Are you using Maven to find experts? If so, we have added in the “Searches” tab for you to view all of your recent searches in one central spot. This tab also includes a summary of invite and response data for each search.
- History – Looking for something “old”? Check your History tab. We archive all of the old notifications from your Inbox here.
We have more big improvements coming soon. Stay tuned!